Purpose and Objectives:
In this course, you will play the role of a civil engineer. You will be challenged with the design and construction of the prototype of a new bridge. You will have the opportunity to explore the basics of statics and stress analysis. You will also investigate the considerations engineers take into account before designing structures and apply these considerations and additional information to design and build different structures intended to bear loads, such as vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
Particularly target: students from 12 – 18 years old
- Understand the study and role of parameter static theory in creating the balance
- Separate and define types of static, also the load impact on the structure
- Understand the material objectives of each material that applied in architecture
- Understand the role of reinforcement material
- Understand the structure that applied in architecture and how to improve the strength.
- Measure and calculate the static parameters for the structure
- Select the suitable material and the best structure base on the calculation, the load put on the structure and material price
- Select the suitable method for the design to analyze the stress, bench and displacement
- Apply the engineering design process