Purpose and objectives:
This course provides students the basic definitions of aerodynamics, aerodynamics design and the different forces that allow to minimum the drag in motion of a object.
Besides, students will play the role of an aerodynamic expert to design the prototypes for airplane’s wings, car body and glider. Graphing the cross – sections of the airfoil with Airfoil Plotter. Also, they will analyze the aerodynamic quantities by using wind tunnel, then provide the idea for innovation.
Particularly target: students from 16 – 18 years old
- Memorize the definition basic of force and aerodynamics principles
- Understand and relate the definitions related to aviation.
- Understand the connection between force and other aerodynamics quantities in motion of the airplane.
- Indicate the parts and function of wind tunnel
- Identify all factors that impact on the airplane wings and car during the movement
- Differentiate the types of the airplane wings
- Name and indicate the role of the control surfaces of the airplane
- Describe the movement of airplane and the role of autonomous balancing system on the airplane
- List some examples of motors that are suitable to create the thrust on different types of airplane.
- Operate the wind tunnel
- Set up the model for wind tunnel experiment
- Apply the formulas to calculate the aerodynamic parameters
- Determine the center of mass of the airplane
- Design a aerodynamics shape for the airplane wings, car and glider
- Proceed and analyze the aerodynamics for airplane’s wings model and car in the wind tunnel
- Graph the cross-section of the airplane’s wings