Purpose and Objectives:
This course provides students some basic knowledge of robot technology – robot arm and the realistic application. Students can also do the experiments by programming and controlling a simulating process that applies the robot arm in some specific actions like 3D printing, laser cutting/engraving…
- This course provides students basic knowledge of robot technology – the robot arm and application in real production. Students can work directly with the robot by programming, controlling a process that use the robot arm.
- Dobot Magician is the training kit of this course. This is a functional kit, easy to connect with peripheral devices for several action, such as: 3D printing, laser engraving, pick and place object, drawing,…
- Dobot Magician applies the blockly programming, which is a friendly programming method that contains a simple user interface so that student can easy to understand and work with.
- This course also train the students some important skills: communication, teamwork, presentation, problem solving, critical thinking and creativity.
Particularly target: Student from 16 – 18 years old
- Know about robot, robot arm and real applications.
- Understand some types of mechanism power transmission that applied in real life and production.
- Get knowledge about motors, electrical devices, relative definitions and its functions.
- Know about the characteristics, functions and safety rules when work with laser.
- Understand the role of coordinates in programming and automation control.
- Programming for robot arm movement by Teaching and Playback function on Dobot Magician software.
- Determine and create the coordinate for robot arm operating.
- Linking the movement of robot arm and other devices.
- Do the 3D design via Solidworks.
- Set up and operate functions like laser engraving.
- Set up an automation process that apply robot arm for a specific function.
- Do the presentation to present about working process, function that created during projects.
- Session 1: Student will have chance to work with Dobot Studio, the application that used for Dobot graphical programming, program the basic algorithm to control the robot arm. Do some basic steps to get familiar with software and simple code.
- Session 2: Student will work with advance activities by connect accessories and devices to the robot arm and program it to make a build a building and play the domino game.
- Session 3: Student will plan about the working process and program the robot arm work in a smart parking lot. After that, student will present about what they did in the project with classmates.
- Session 1: Student will do research about sensors (light sensor, colour sensor,…). Programming the robot arm to work with sensors.
- Session 2: Student will plan about working process and program the robot arm to do the object classify with colour sensor. After that, student will present about what they did in the project with classmates.
Session 1: Engineer Practice
Student will know about mechanism power transmission, definitions about robot and robot arm. Do the basic programming and practice engineer’s skills: presentation skill, planning and project design skill,…
Session 2: Teaching And Playback - Work With Coordinate System (3 lessons)
Basic about coordinate system, controlling and work with graphical programming.